Why vaccinate in the skin?
Where a muscle provides movement, the skin provides protection. The skin has an abundance of specialised immune cells.
A vaccine must attach to immune cells to protect a pig from infectious disease. Vaccinating directly into the skin rapidly delivers the long-lasting desired immunity.
IDAL, the revolutionary vaccination technology from MSD Animal Health, offers a wealth of benefits for farmers, processors and to the animal’s welfare.
The IDAL can be used to vaccinate against a broad range of common pig diseases: Porcine Circovirus Associated Diseases, PRRS, Ileitis and Enzootic Pneumonia.
The IDAL device delivers 0.2ml of vaccine under high pressure and enables users to vaccinate large numbers of pigs in a short time.
Benefits of IDAL:
Animal Health and Welfare:
- Less pain perception
- Flexibility in the choice of the vaccination site for piglets
- Less stressful for the pigs
- No needle breakage in the pig
- No risk of infection transmission through the needle
- Quick, effective immune response
- Cost saving as fewer actions needed at processing
- Reduced tissue damage and no broken needles in the carcass
The Pig Farmers:
- The IDAL offers flexibility with a range of vaccines to cover the most significant pathogens; vaccines are Porcilis® PCV ID, Porcilis® M Hyo ID Once, Porcilis® PRRS and Porcilis® Lawsonia ID.
- No need to change needles - safer for the operator and saves time.
- Built in operator safety features reduces risk of self-injection.
- Simple to use.
The IDAL Range
Porcilis® PCV ID emulsion for injection for pigs contains Porcine circovirus type 2 ORF2 subunit antigen ≥ 1436 AU1. POM-V
Porcilis® M Hyo ID ONCE emulsion for injection for pigs contains inactivated whole cell concentrate of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strain 11: ≥ 6.5 log2. POM-V
Porcilis® PRRS lyophilisate and solvent for suspension for injection for pigs contains live attenuated PRRS virus strain DV: 104.0 - 106.3 TCID50. POM-V
Porcilis® Lawsonia ID lyophilisate and solvent for emulsion for injection for pigs contains inactivated Lawsonia intracellularis strain SPAH-08 ≥ 5323 U1. POM-V
MSD Animal Health UK Limited. Registered office Walton Manor, Walton, Milton Keynes MK7 7AJ, UK. Registered in England & Wales no. 946942.
Advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use medicines responsibly.