You are here
PRRS virus can compromise the health, growth and profitability of growing and finishing pigs by causing respiratory problems. Breeding pigs can also be vaccinated with Porcilis PRRS giving a significant improvement in reproductive performance in PRRS positive farms. Porcilis PRRS is a live freeze-dried vaccine.
Lyophilisate and solvent (Diluvac Forte) for reconstitution to a suspension for injection.
Per dose of 2 ml (intramuscular application) or 0.2 ml (intradermal application) of vaccine reconstituted with Diluvac Forte:
- Live attenuated PRRS virus strain DV: 104.0 - 106.3 TCID50*
- Adjuvant: dl-α‑tocopheryl acetate: 75 mg/ml
*Tissue Culture Infective Dose 50 %
Indications for use
For active immunisation of clinically healthy pigs in a PRRS virus contaminated environment, to reduce viraemia caused by infection with European strains of PRRS virus.
Growing pigs can be vaccinated from 2 weeks of age; a single 2 ml intramuscular vaccination will provide protection against the effects of PRRS virus infection through to slaughter weight.
Pigs – meat 0 days
- Boxes with 1 or 10 type I glass or PET vials with 10, 25, 50 or 100 doses of freeze-dried vaccine
- Boxes with 1 or 10 type II glass or PET vials with 20, 50, 100 or 200 ml of Diluvac Forte
- Boxes with 1 or 5 type I glass or PET vials with 10, 25, 50 or 100 doses of freeze-dried vaccine plus 1 or 5 type II glass or PET vials with 2, 5, 10 or 20 ml of Diluvac Forte
Not all presentations may be marketed.
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
Use Medicines Responsibly. For more information please refer to the Responsible Use sections of the NOAH website.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Date of preparation: January 2018