Caninsulin has established safety and efficacy for the management of diabetes mellitus in dogs and cats for over 25 years.
Caninsulin can be given in two ways, giving you and your clients flexibility:
1. U-40 syringes
2. VetPen with cartridges
Find out what additional resources are currently available to support practices during Pet Diabetes Month.
Login to complete our Pet Diabetes Advisor Course and earn 4.5 CPD hours.
This training course consists of a series of self-directed modules developed to enhance your knowledge about pet diabetes and help you build effective relationships with clients who have diabetic pets.
Learn how to use VetPen
The First and Only Insulin Pen for Dogs & Cats. VetPen® makes giving insulin injections to pets simple and accurate.1,2
For years, insulin pens have enabled humans to manage their diabetes simply and accurately. VetPen® allows pet owners to enjoy the same convenience and accuracy when managing their pet’s diabetes.1,2
Help Your Practice Manage Diabetes Mellitus.
View and download resources and tools that will assist your practice, inform your team, and help clients.
Access online tools and more.
Understanding Diabetes Mellitus
Learn more about:
- Classification, aetiology, pathogenesis, symptoms
- Clinical signs and related diseases
- Management of uncomplicated and complicated cases
- Monitoring protocols utilising urine and blood testing, including glucose curves
- Starting and regulating Caninsulin, including dosage adjustment and feeding schedules
- Administration instructions for syringe and VetPen
Blood Glucose Curve Generator
Create a blood glucose curve to monitor and evaluate diabetes treatment.
Monitoring glucose levels for optimum insulin effectiveness.
Customised Client Discharge Form
Create a customised, printable form for clients about their new diagnosis.
Provide your clients with all the information needed to care for their newly diagnosed pet.
**Terms and conditions apply
1. Lust E, van Esch K, Slingerland LI, Kooistra HS, Horspool LJI. Survey of Veterinary Professional and Pet Owner VetPen User Experience. Presented at the 42nd WSAVA and FECAVA 23rd Eurocongress; Copenhagen, Denmark; 25-28 September 2017
2. Burgaud, S., Riant, S. & Piau, N. (2012). Comparative laboratory evolution of dose delivery using a veterinary insulin pen. WSAVA Poster
Caninsulin® 40 iu/ml Suspension for Injection contains an aqueous suspension of insulin containing 40 i.u. highly purified porcine insulin, which is structurally identical to canine insulin. POM-V
MSD Animal Health UK Limited. Registered office Walton Manor, Walton, Milton Keynes MK7 7AJ, UK. Registered in England & Wales no. 946942.
Advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use Medicines Responsibly
® Registered trademark. Caninsulin® and Caninsulin® VetPen® are the property of MSD Animal Health UK Limited or affiliated companies or licensors and are protected by copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Copyright © 2020 MSD Animal Health UK Limited. All rights reserved.