Nobivac DHPPi provides immunisation to dogs for distemper, hepatitis (canine adenovirus), canine parvovirus and canine parainfluenza and is typically given in combination with a Nobivac leptospirosis vaccine (Nobivac Lepto2 or L4). It is recommended that puppies may be immunised from 6 weeks of age, 2-4 weeks apart, with a second dose from 10 weeks of age. Onset of immunity is one week after the second vaccine. In dogs over 10 weeks of age a single dose is likely to be sufficient to immunise.
Immunity provided against these core diseases is long lasting, with a minimum duration of immunity and recommended revaccination interval of 3 years. An annual healthcheck and vaccination against canine leptospirosis is still recommended for all dogs.
Off-white or cream-coloured lyophilisate for suspension for injection
Nobivac DHPPi contains live, attenuated, freeze dried canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus-2 (CAV2), canine parvovirus and canine parainfluenza virus.
Each dose of 1 ml contains:
Live canine distemper virus (CDV), strain Onderstepoort ≥ 104.0 TCID50*
Live canine adenovirus type 2 (CAV2), strain Manhattan LPV3 ≥ 104.0 TCID50*
Live canine parvovirus (CPV), strain 154 ≥ 107.0 TCID50*
Live canine parainfluenza virus (CPi), strain Cornell ≥ 105.5 TCID50*
TCID50*= Median Tissue Culture Infective Dose
Indications for use
Nobivac DHPPi is indicated for active immunisation of dogs to:
- Prevent mortality and clinical signs caused by canine distemper virus infection
- Reduce clinical signs of infectious hepatitis and viral excretion due to canine adenovirus type 1 infection
- Prevent mortality, clinical signs and viral excretion following canine parvovirus infection
- Reduce clinical signs and viral excretion caused by canine parainfluenza virus infection
- To reduce clinical signs of respiratory disease and viral excretion following adenovirus type 2 infection
Nobivac DHPPi is presented in APET-Plastic trays containing 10 or 50 single dose vials. Nobivac Solvent is packaged separately.
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
Use Medicines Responsibly. For more information please refer to the Responsible Use sections of the NOAH website.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Date of preparation: January 2018