Introducing Nobivac® Respira Bb
MSD Animal Health is proud to introduce the UK’s FIRST and ONLY injectable Bordetella vaccine.
Nobivac Respira Bb protects against Bordetella bronchiseptica with an innovative and convenient presentation, providing flexibility to Bordetella vaccination, to ensure all at risk dogs are able to receive protection.
Canine Infectious Respiratory Disease (CIRD) is a familiar syndrome in dogs. Although misleadingly termed as “kennel cough”, it can easily spread wherever dogs mix. It can prove to be a protracted and distressing disease for both the pet and the owner and has high morbidity rates1. All dogs that are deemed sociable (those that come into regular contact with other dogs) are at risk of this disease, despite the common misconception that only dogs in kennels are at risk.
Bordetella bronchiseptica is an important pathogen within the CIRD syndrome, but only an estimated 1 in 3 vaccinated dogs currently benefit from protection in the UK2.
MSD Animal Health wants to ensure that the greatest number of ‘at risk’ dogs are protected from this disease. Protection is offered by core vaccines, such as Nobivac® DHP and Nobivac® DHPPi, against some viral CIRD pathogens, however protection against Bordetella bronchiseptica requires additional vaccination. A common barrier to achieving this is current administration routes, as for some dogs, an intranasal vaccination is not appropriate. Nobivac® Respira Bb therefore provides a convenient complement to Nobivac® KC, providing a solution for when intranasal Bordetella bronchiseptica vaccination is not possible or appropriate.
Nobivac Respira Bb Overview3
- Unique inactivated subunit (fimbrial antigen) vaccine
- Administration by subcutaneous injection
- Ready to use formula – no reconstitution required
- Convenient multi-dose (10 ml) presentation
- Can be stored at room temperature (up to 25 degrees C) for up to 4 weeks after being broached
- Reduces clinical signs of upper respiratory tract disease and bacterial shedding post infection
- Can be given concurrently (at the same time but separate injections) with many other Nobivac® vaccines
- Safety demonstrated in a wide range of dog breeds4
- Licensed for use in pregnancy*
- Extends protection against Bordetella bronchiseptica in dogs vaccinated with Nobivac® KC in the last 12 months for a further year in just a single dose
For information on incorporating Nobivac Respira Bb into your protocol speak to your MSD Animal Health Account Manager or visit our Nobivac Protocol Builder.
Nobivac® Respira Bb is an inactivated subunit vaccine containing the fimbrial antigen of Bordetella bronchiscepta. POM-V
Further information is available from the SPC, Datasheet or package leaflet.
MSD Animal Health UK Limited. Registered office Walton Manor, Walton, Milton Keynes MK7 7AJ, UK. Registered in England & Wales no. 946942.
Advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use Medicines Responsibly.
*refer to SPC for further information
1. Day MJ et al. (2020) Aetiology of canine infectious respiratory disease complex and prevalence of its pathogens in Europe. J. Comp. Path., 176, 86-108.
2. Nobivac L4, Nobivac Lepto 2 & Nobivac KC, number of doses, Kynetec VetTrak Data (calendar year November 2020)
3. Nobivac Respira Bb. Summary Of Product Characteristics
4. MSD Internal Study Report S15007