Nobivac DHP vaccine provides core immunisation to dogs for distemper, hepatitis (canine adenovirus) and canine parvovirus. It is typically given in combination with a Nobivac leptospirosis vaccine (Nobivac Lepto 2 or L4). It is recommended that puppies may be immunised from 6 weeks of age, 2-4 weeks apart, with a second dose from 10 weeks of age. Onset of immunity is one week after the second vaccine. In dogs over 10 weeks of age a single dose is likely to be sufficient to immunise.
Immunity provided against these core diseases is long lasting, with a minimum duration of immunity and recommended revaccination interval of 3 years. An annual health check and vaccination against canine leptospirosis is still recommended for all dogs. In dogs at risk of infectious respiratory disease, annual vaccination with Nobivac KC is also recommended which may be given concurrently.
Lyophilisate and solvent for suspension for injection.
The vaccine contains live attenuated antigens to stimulate active immunity in dogs against canine distemper virus, canine parvovirus, infectious canine hepatitis caused by canine adenovirus 1 and respiratory disease caused by canine adenovirus type 2.
Per dose of 1 ml reconstituted vaccine:
- Canine distemper virus, strain Onderstepoort not less than 104.0 TCID50*
- Canine adenovirus 2, strain Manhattan LPV3 not less than 104.0 TCID50*
- Canine parvovirus, strain 154 not less than 107.0 TCID50*
*TCID50= Median Tissue Culture Infective Dose
Indications for use
Nobivac DHP is indicated for the active immunisation of dogs to:
- Reduce clinical signs of disease caused by canine distemper virus infection
- Prevent clinical signs and viral excretion caused by canine parvovirus infection
- Reduce clinical signs of canine contagious hepatitis and viral excretion due to canine adenovirus 1 infection
- Reduce clinical signs of respiratory infection and viral excretion caused by adenovirus type 2 infection
Nobivac DHP is presented in APET-Plastic trays containing 10 or 50 single dose vials. Nobivac Solvent is packaged separately.
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
Use Medicines Responsibly. For more information please refer to the Responsible Use sections of the NOAH website.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Date of preparation: January 2018