Receptal is a GnRH agonist containing buserelin.
Receptal is a clear, colourless solution for injection
1 ml contains: buserelin acetate 0.0042 mg (corresponding to 0.004 mg buserelin)
Cattle, horses, rabbits, pigs (gilts) and trout.
Indications for use
- For the treatment of infertility of ovarian origin and improvement of pregnancy rate in cows.
- For the synchronisation of oestrus in dairy cows and for reducing the calving to conception interval in these cows when used in conjunction with a PGF 2α analogue with luteolytic activity as part of a 10 day fixed time insemination regime.
- To induce ovulation of a mature follicle and thereby to synchronise ovulation more closely with mating in mares.
- To induce ovulation in pigs (gilts) after oestrus synchronisation in order to facilitate a single fixed time artificial insemination program.
- For the improvement of conception rate and induction of ovulation in rabbits.
- To facilitate stripping and reduce mortality due to egg binding in rainbow trout.
- Cattle - milk 0 hours, meat 0 days
- Pig - meat 0 days
- Trout - not to be used in trout intended for human consumption
- Horse - 0 days
- Rabbit - 0 days
2.5 ml, 5 ml, 10 ml and 50 ml vials
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use Medicines Responsibly.
Date of preparation: September 2020