Contains the glucocorticoid dexamethasone, which has 10-20 times the anti-inflammatory activity of prednisolone.
Dexadreson contains a clear aqueous solution for injection
Each ml contains 2 mg Dexamethasone as Sodium Phosphate PhEur. Benzylalcohol 1 % v/v is included as a preservative.
This preparation contains the sodium phosphate ester of dexamethasone, a fluoro-methyl derivative of prednisolone, which is a potent glucocorticoid with minimal mineralocorticoid activity. Dexamethasone has ten to twenty times the anti-inflammatory activity of prednisolone.
Cattle, horses, pigs, dogs and cats
Indications for use
Dexadreson may be administered by intravenous or intramuscular injection in horses, and by intramuscular injection in cattle, pigs, dogs and cats. The product may also be given by intra-articular injection in horses.
Dexadreson is licenced for:
- Treatment of inflammatory or allergic conditions in horses, cattle, pigs, dog and cats
- Treatment of primary ketosis in cattle (acetonaemia)
- Induction of parturition to avoid foetal oversize and mammary oedema in cattle
- Treatment of arthritis, bursitis or tenosynovitis by intra-articular injection in the horse
- Cattle - milk 72 hours, meat and offal 8 days
- Pigs - meat and offal 2 days
- Horses - meat and offal 8 days
50 ml multidose vials
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
Use Medicines Responsibly. For more information please refer to the Responsible Use sections of the NOAH website.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Date of preparation: January 2018