The active ingredient of Chorulon, human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (hCG), is a complex glycoprotein with luteinising hormone (LH) activity. In the female hCG can be used to promote maturation of the follicle, ovulation and the formation of the corpus luteum. In the male Chorulon stimulates the production of testosterone, and thus influences the development and maintenance of primary and secondary male sex characteristics.
White freeze-dried crystalline plug together with a vial containing 5 ml solvent for reconstitution.
Each vial of active contains chorionic gonadotrophin 1500 i.u.
Horses, cattle, dogs
Indications for use
The product can be used in the following fertility problems in domestic animals:
- Cases of repeated failure of conception in cows and heifers
- Induction of ovulation in mares and bitches
- Cases of cystic ovaries in cows and heifers
- Anoestrus in mares and bitches
- Delayed ovulation, prolonged pro-oestrus in bitches
- Deficiency in libido in male dogs
- Cattle - milk 0 hours, meat 0 days
- Horses - meat 0 days
Packs containing 5 vials supplied with solvent (each containing 5 ml)
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
Use Medicines Responsibly. For more information please refer to the Responsible Use sections of the NOAH website.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Date of preparation: January 2018