Engemycin LA is a long-acting injectable antibiotic solution containing oxytetracycline; effective against a broad spectrum of susceptible Gram-positive and Gram-negative micro-organisms.
Engemycin LA is specifically formulated to provide a prolonged action resulting in sustained antibacterial activity. Blood levels persist for at least 4 days. After administration by the intramuscular route maximum blood levels are achieved after 4 to 8 hours.
Clear amber solution for injection
Oxytetracycline 200 mg (Equivalent to Oxytetracycline Dihydrate 216 mg)
Cattle, sheep and pigs
Indications for use
Oxytetracycline has shown to be effective in vitro against the following bacterial species: Bordetella bronchiseptica, Corynebacterium pyogenes, Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, Escherichia coli, Histophilus somni, Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, Salmonella dublin, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus faecalis, Streptococcus pyogenes and Streptococcus uberis.
For the treatment of:
- Atrophic rhinitis caused by B. bronchiseptica, M. haemolytica and P. multocida
- Navel/joint ill caused by T. pyogenes, E. coli and S. aureus
- Mastitis caused by C. pyogenes, E. coli, S. aureus, S. agalactiae, or S. uberis
- Metritis caused by E. coli or S. pyogenes
- Pasteurellosis and infections of the respiratory tract caused by M. haemolytica and P. multocida
- Septicaemia caused by S. dublin and S. pyogenes
- Erysipelas caused by E. rhusiopathiae
- Engemycin LA can also be used in the control of enzootic abortion in sheep
- Cattle - milk 8 days (192 hours), meat and offal 41 days
- Sheep - milk 7 days (168 hours), meat and offal 24 days
- Pigs - meat and offal 20 days
Multidose vials of 100 ml
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use Medicines Responsibly.
Date of preparation: September 2020