Cobactan is an injection for cattle and pigs containing cefquinome, a broad spectrum fourth generation cephalosporin.
Suspension for injection
Per ml: Cefquinome 25mg (equivalent to 29.64 mg/ml Cefquinome sulfate)
Indications for use
For the treatment of bacterial infections in cattle and pigs caused by the Gram positive and Gram negative microorganisms sensitive to cefquinome:
- Respiratory disease caused by Pasteurella multocida and Mannheimia haemolytica
- Digital dermatitis, infectious bulbar necrosis and acute interdigital necrobacillosis (foul in the foot)
- Acute E. coli mastitis with signs of systemic involvement
- E. coli septicaemia in calves.
- For the treatment of bacterial infections of the lungs and respiratory tract caused by P. multocida, Haemophilus parasuis, Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Streptococcus suis and other cefquinome-sensitive organisms
- Mastitis-Metritis-Agalactia Syndrome (MMA) with involvement of E. coli, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp. and other cefquinome-sensitive organisms
- Reduction of mortality in cases of meningitis caused by S. suis
For the treatment of:
- Arthritis caused by Streptococcus spp., E. coli and other cefquinome-sensitive organisms
- Epidermitis (mild or moderate lesions) caused by Staphylococcus hyicus
- Cattle - milk 24 hours, meat and offal 5 days
- Pigs - meat and offal 3 days
100 ml multidose bottle
For full information please refer to the product data sheet. Further information is available on request.
If you are not the prescribing veterinary surgeon, advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use Medicines Responsibly.
Date of preparation: September 2020