You are here
- Hub home
- Pet Diabetes Month Resources
Welcome to the Pet Diabetes Month Resource Page
Historically Pet Diabetes Month has been a November campaign that provides resources that can support awareness and communication about Pet Diabetes with your clients. Whilst new content continues to be launched in November we now aim to provide resources for this important topic that can be used throughout the year at a time to suit practices campaign calendars.
Pet Diabetes Month's key aims are to help:
- Improve awareness and prevention of pet diabetes
- Achieve early diagnosis of the condition in affected pets
- Raise quality of life & longevity of treated cases
Pet Diabetes Month during 2021 - 2022
The emphasis of this years campaign tools is very much directing client communications outside the practice, and supporting a holistic approach to case management inside the practice.
Pet Diabetes Month includes 4 new and updated elements to support communication with clients about diabetes, and to provide better guidance for some of the challenges regularly seen when caring for pets with this condition.
1. We are re-launching Pet Diabetes Month owner leaflets containing urine glucose test strips for practices to offer a free home screening test for clients reporting animals with clinical signs suspicious of diabetes such as polyuria/polydipsia, weight loss and polyphagia. You can download a pdf of the leaflet and the leaflets are available to order via your account manager or by emailing our customer service team.
2. Our “Keeping Britain’s Pets Healthy” website will be posting a series of educational diabetes animations, covering important information on diabetes in pets, that all pet owners should be aware of including, some tips on how the risks of the disease can be managed, the importance of early diagnosis and how to collect and test a urine sample at home, as well as some simple information on how the disease is treated and managed in cats and dogs. The first of these is to be released on Facebook and Instagram in the first week of November. Please get your practice to like and share these first posts to see the series!
3. For practice use, we are also releasing 4 short bite size educational videos to support similar practice communication with clients. Again, they cover a brief overview of the disease and some tips on reducing its risk, collecting a urine sample for home testing and finally a very brief overview of treatment. These can be used freely by practices either as a resource on a practice website, with individual clients or more generally in practice social media feeds.
To view and download these educational videos please click on the images below:
Optional draft practice text to accompany videos and share with clients, see below:
4. The final new element being launched is the new CPD Diabetes 360 Tutorial Series for the vet and nursing team based on the LIVE webinars available during the year. Representing a joint initiative with Professor David Church and Dr Ruth Gostelow at the Royal Veterinary College the series provides around 5 hours of clinically focussed, case-based interactive on-demand CPD available on our MSD Animal Health Hub CPD platform.
*Terms and conditions apply
Caninsulin® 40 iu/ml Suspension for Injection contains an aqueous suspension of insulin containing 40 i.u. highly purified porcine insulin, which is structurally identical to canine insulin. POM-V
MSD Animal Health UK Limited. Registered office Walton Manor, Walton, Milton Keynes MK7 7AJ, UK. Registered in England & Wales no. 946942.
Advice should be sought from the medicine prescriber.
Use Medicines Responsibly
® Registered trademark. Caninsulin® and Caninsulin® VetPen® are the property of MSD Animal Health UK Limited or affiliated companies or licensors and are protected by copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Copyright © 2020 MSD Animal Health UK Limited. All rights reserved.