Disease? Not On My Farm! Ambassadors
Graham & Fiona Skeen
- Beef and sheep tenant farmer
- Located on the English / Scottish border
- 750 acres farmed with her son Graham
- Fiona’s focus is on breeding her Aberdeen Angus X suckler herd for temperament and ease of calving
- Calves in two tight blocks in spring and autumn
Fiona’s closed herd is known for its outstanding fertility.
She has been vaccinating against BVD for 14 years and the herd is BVD accredited in Scotland, where most of her yearling stores are sold.
Vaccination and regular blood testing for Johnes are an important part of Fiona’s health plan.
Involved in the DNOMF programme from the start, Fiona loves to get involved with the science behind herd health and share knowledge with her follow ambassadors.